Thursday, February 28, 2013

Red Rocks of Sedona

In my last post, I featured some of the artwork that can be found at the Chapel of the Holy Cross in Sedona, Arizona.  I thought I’d also share a few sample shots of the magnificent scenery that surrounds the chapel.

Cathedral Rock, Coconino National Forest

Cathedral Rock, located in Coconino National Forest.

Madonna and Child, Two Nuns Rock Formations

The two rock formations at the far right are known as the Two Nuns.  The third rock formation from the right is called the Madonna and Child.

View Toward Eagle Rock, Sedona, Arizona
View Toward Eagle Rock, Sedona, Arizona, 2012

This is one of my favorite shots.  The sun was behind me, so the lighting was just right, and the color turned out perfectly.

I recommend using a polarizing filter, as was used here, to help achieve this kind of vivid color.  I also adjusted the standard picture style on my camera, increasing contrast by one and saturation by two.

All photos © 2013 Susan M. Lohse.  All rights reserved.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...